Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Health Science Librarian 

Duties and Responsibilities:
A health science librarian provides access to medical information through books, pamphlets, journals, tapes, multimedia presentations, and the Internet.
Salary:
Average $58,000
Education:
Students must graduate from high school, taking classes such as English, math, typing, and science. A four-year bachelor's degree is then required, including courses such as science and computer science. A master's degree in library science (MLS) is mandatory. Courses include scientific literature, biomedical communication, bibliographic resource use, library organization and management, and standard cataloging system


Reflection:
This seems like the perfect job for someone who doesn't want to be in contact with the patients. But they also seem to be helping with research the doctors would be needing. I really don't see myself working as this because I would love to interact with patients, I will feel like if I'm helping either way but it's just not something I'm really into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment